The Greatest Stories Ever Told~ Every person has two great stories. One of tragedy, and one of great joy. We collect, care and share these stories.
The Sounds of Heaven
Tags
Alone
Angry
Answers
Anything
Basketball
book
charity
Christmas Cookies
Coming Soon
Creative Creations
Cry For Help
Documentary
Dreams
Eastern Egg
Elvis Everythings
Everything
Failure
Famous
Food For Thought
Friends
Friends of GSET
Goals
Greatest Stories Ever Told
GSET team
Happy
Heartfelt
Hurricane Katrina
In the Words of Anna Bella
In the words of Joshua
Inspiration
Joshua's Jams
Joshua's Joys
Joyful
Lonely
Love
Milky Ways
Murder
Musical Chex Mix
my love
Nostalgic Nibbles
novel
OWL
part 1
part two
Poor
Prayer Pie
quotes
Real life Angel
Rich
Sad
Sinful Snacks
Soulful
Southern Soup
Spirit Led
story
Success
Technical
The Story Of Joshua
Tidbit Of Tunes
Tragedy
Twitterants
Understanding
Vintage Vaughan
Your Andy FOREVER
Thursday, March 19, 2015
The Story of Jennifer part 1.5
Just as she was about to lose hope, she saw a small help wanted sign in a paper covered window of a shop. She walked in and looked about. The store was all wood. The floors, the walls, the shelves, the counter. There was nothing stocked. She thought it was peculiar. How can a shop run, if it doesn't sell anything? She called out and nobody answered. Just as she was about to turn around and leave, an elderly gentleman came out from the back room.
"Hello," she said, "I am here about a job. I saw your ad in the window."
"Yes," he said, "As you can see we are still unpacking, but how much experience do you have with electronics."
Jennifer's heart sank, "None I'm afraid, but I am a very fast learner, I received top marks in school an will work very hard."
"Well, I was hoping to find someone who knew a little bit about the business,"
"Please, sir," Jennifer interrupted, "I beg your pardon for my rudeness, but I need this job. I have no other choice, and I have no money left. I will do anything for you, cleaning, selling, stocking, anything. I need this work sir, and what I lack in experience, I will make up for in willingness and eagerness to learn, and hard work."
The man was silent for a while, as each moment that passed Jennifer's heart sank deeper and deeper, but finally he smiled and said, "Well, young lady. I guess you sold me, now let's see if you can sell a television set."
Jennifer looked up, "I have the job?"
He says, "You have the job." and sticking his hand out to shake hers he says, "My name is Mr. Thompson, and the pay is $1.00 per hour plus 25% of any sales that you make. I will need you to help me unload merchandise, stock the shelves, and once we open, I will need you to help me lure all of the young men and women into the store to buy and convince their families to buy. Do you think you can do that?"
Nodding quickly, "Yes sir, I mean, Mr. Thompson, absolutely! When can I start?"
He replied. "How about right now? I'll pay you at the end of each day, and we'll start at 9 am and work until 7pm. You'll have an hour off in the afternoon for lunch." It was around 5 pm, and Jennifer stayed and helped him to take plastic off of televisions, and begin to roll them out front on a huge cart that was three times her size. She unpacked transistor radios, and put them on the shelves. They had unloaded several crates when Mr. Thompson exclaimed, "My! Look at the time! It is 8pm. That's enough for the day. He went to the til that they had unpacked first, and opened it and pulled out $3.00.
He handed it to her, and thanking him, Jennifer agreed to come back before 9am the next morning. As she turned to go home, she stopped for a moment to admire the work that they had done. The once empty shelves, mostly filled, and the barren shop now looked like a store. While there was much work left to be done, she was filled with a feeling of accomplishment. And turned to walk home to tell Grace what had become of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.