Thursday, June 4, 2015

Caitlyn Jenner... Thoughts?



I am curious if anyone has an opinion on the former Bruce Jenner who is now Caitlyn Jenner. I have much to say on this topic, but I will spare you all. Obviously, it's not something that a large amount of people can relate to. The only opinion I wanted to share was about his family. I am not a follower of the Jenners or Kardashians, but my wife and I do occasionally watch the show. My opinion and question is this, all of our families are odd in their own way. 

My opinion of their family is not relevant at this point, my opinion on what they must be feeling as if I put myself in their shoes, I would imagine it would be quite confusing. For instance if 40 years from now my wife wanted to become a man. My question is this, is it selfish? Many times in life, we don't feel a part of a greater purpose. Sometimes we feel empty or lost. 

Self sacrifice is a very difficult choice and I mean choice. When getting to that age, which she is now 65, is it better to do for yourself to have happiness or to provide your loved ones happiness by sacrificing your own wants, not needs, for your loved ones? As this is a media frenzy right now, I wanted to comment. I try not to get involved in other people's lives if it does not directly effect me or my loved ones in the negative. But Miss Jenner has come out to the world. Obviously wanting to know our opinion. 

Dealing with serious issues, especially health throughout my life, I find the world to be surrounded by lunacy.If we were to debate about this, we could go on forever about the contradictions. My other question is this, and it's very simple did people think about this before science, biology and technology allowed us to take action to change our gender. As a former doctor, I want to add one last thing, the dangers of a 65 year old former man taking an abundant dose of estrogen is very dangerous. Certainly shortening his/her lifespan by at least 10-15 years. So it comes down to one last question: Do you believe it's worth it?

 There are too many components to simply say yes or no. But sometimes that is the only option we have. As I've stated, I don't bother myself with these things as I have my own life to live. But for some reason this has struck a chord with me. I find it quite interesting. Most likely the media buzz will fade. The negative and the positive remarks will stop. But obviously this will continue on through the tv show Keeping up with the Kardashians and she will have her own show. Which I find quite interesting. 

On a personal note: as I do not want to judge Caitlyn Jenner, I was raised old school and I believe there is a degree to each their own. What I find very interesting is how fame and fortune/infamy can change people. For instance, my father, who is a few years younger, growing up in the same era, does not have much to say about this, but what he does say would not be politically correct. I have sacrificed much of my life. So I will end with this, if this came upon me, would I choose to do what I wanted? Or what my family needed? and it is an easy choice. The hearts, minds and spirits, the well being of my family will always come before my wants. Simply stating that this choice is not a need. It is not life or death. It is simply that. A choice.

 Anyone want to chime in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.