So excited for my husband's new album to be released soon. We've been talking of it for a while and with his health problems it has been a long difficult journey to finish. I am so proud of him and I know that no one has ever put as much heart and soul, much less physical effort, into a world changing album.
I haven't talked extensively in detail about my husband's talent, mostly for selfish reasons, because it is difficult to see him going through this battle and fight with cancer each day and think about just how much he is fighting for, not to mention the part that I've had to play not only in helping him, but in a lot of times hindering him (most married couples will know what I mean.) But truly I have never known, as a musician, any one with the musical talent that he has (amongst the many other gifts and talents he possesses.)
*Spoiler Alert* But this is a good one. Our band's upcoming album (and I always refer to it as my husband's album because truly he is a one of a kind talent) is going to be world changing, and as our record company's focus, #BringRealMusicBack.
The first time Joshua ever played the guitar for me, I just sat there awestruck with my eyes closed. He actually asked me if he was boring me. But the sounds that he creates with the guitar are so melodic, yet powerful, rich and yet delicate, transcends anything I had ever heard before, and took me to an almost utopia of musical peace. It's as though your entire life, you have (musically and otherwise) been searching for something in the boom boom of club music, the twang of country, the auto tuning of pop, to speak to your soul, but never find it. And in his guitar I found that missing element to my soul, that speaks to my inner musician and music lover, and is the perfect blend of contemporary, classical, and genre yet to be named because we have never had music such as this before.
I'm blessed to be one of the few people that have heard my husband sing. And his voice, well, it's like real hot cocoa. Not Swiss Miss, or Nestle, it's like the kind that you would get at a small mom and pop shop in Italy. Rich, Creamy, Frothy, Smooth, that lingers over every taste bud, and sends your senses to a height that you never imagined before, and long after it is done, lingers as though it will remain a piece of you. That is what my husband's voice is like. Often times when he is just speaking, especially when he's telling me one of his childhood stories, my heart is warmed and the combination of his soothing voice and the joy of hearing of the good points in his childhood, makes me sleepy, that warm wrapped in a cozy blanket next to a fire on a cold winter's night sleepy.
An angel my husband's is, and the true 7th son of the 7th son. I am grateful and blessed to have been a part of this project (our album) and excited for the world to finally hear the life changing, scratch that, soul changing experience that my husband's music will create. This is a true collaboration or heart, mind, soul, sweat, tears, life, death, triumph in each melody line and each note uttered from my husband's lips, will allow you to find, musically (and hopefully spiritually and generally) the peace that you have been seeking.
I was in the studio yesterday, listening to a couple of the tracks again, while my husband was off probably buying another house for the homeless, or saving a baby from a burning building (he is truly my Superman) but I turned off the lights and just listened for a couple hours. And all of the stress, of his health struggles, the responsibility of our life and our purpose and dreams to help others, everything else melted away. Because that's what a true voice, true guitar, true real music can do. Everyone can tell, can feel when a song is auto tuned, produced to nonrecognition, digitized to the point where there are no true musicians, no musical instruments beyond a computer keyboard, on tour with artists today. That longing, that need will soon be filled. Be prepared to have your heart melt, your soul heal, and your ears be grateful.
Take Care GSET Family.
Anna Bella Vaughan
The Greatest Stories Ever Told~ Every person has two great stories. One of tragedy, and one of great joy. We collect, care and share these stories.
The Sounds of Heaven
Tags
Alone
Angry
Answers
Anything
Basketball
book
charity
Christmas Cookies
Coming Soon
Creative Creations
Cry For Help
Documentary
Dreams
Eastern Egg
Elvis Everythings
Everything
Failure
Famous
Food For Thought
Friends
Friends of GSET
Goals
Greatest Stories Ever Told
GSET team
Happy
Heartfelt
Hurricane Katrina
In the Words of Anna Bella
In the words of Joshua
Inspiration
Joshua's Jams
Joshua's Joys
Joyful
Lonely
Love
Milky Ways
Murder
Musical Chex Mix
my love
Nostalgic Nibbles
novel
OWL
part 1
part two
Poor
Prayer Pie
quotes
Real life Angel
Rich
Sad
Sinful Snacks
Soulful
Southern Soup
Spirit Led
story
Success
Technical
The Story Of Joshua
Tidbit Of Tunes
Tragedy
Twitterants
Understanding
Vintage Vaughan
Your Andy FOREVER
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.