We believe everyone should love themselves, but live so that they are healthy and happy. Our self image is something that is often exploited and manipulated by media and celebrities today via words, pictures, actions. And while we at GSET do not condone the use of steroids, the pressure and temptation to take them to gain the muscularity and/or to lean down is strong. Please take the time to read this post that my husband, our founder, posted to our close friends and family today, and remember, steroids is different but similar to other ways of manipulating our body; plastic surgery, weight loss surgery dieting, exercise, etc. Get the facts before you leap into anything and remember you are beautiful.
Much Love
Annabella Vaughan
I don't advocate the use of steroids. But I don't condemn the use either. I will say that if you have a preexisting health condition; stay away from them. If you do use them, find a mentor and if at all possible, a doctor. Contrary to popular belief, steroids, meaning anabolic, are prescribed for many health issues. Many people use steroids and the worst side effect they have is water retention. So be aware of yourself as knowing oneself and having balance utilizing the intensity and aggression for something productive is very important. Now to my main point. Steroid use in Hollywood. 9 out of 10 actors who beef up for a role use anabolic steroids.
To understand what anabolics are, they simply take the esters from testosterone, rearrange the carbon, creating different types of anabolic steroids. My biggest problem is I don't advocate lying. The condemnation of bodybuilders and other athletes is ridiculous. But bodybuilders don't lie about the use of steroids. I have several friends who are well known actors in Hollywood. They all deny using steroids. As I was a doctor for a short period of time, they would seek my expertise on such substances. And I was required by law/Hippocratic oath to administer such drugs to my patients even if I did not prescribe. It was the same as when insulin needles were made readily available for heroine addicts. However I would never out my friends, as this is not my place.
The simplest understanding is if someone is using steroids, number one: When they offer without being questioned for instance ' how did you bulk up for this role' answering I have never used steroids. There is also a misconception that people have to use them to gain a certain amount of mass along with different medications to get ripped. This is not true. It is when someone has never lifted their entire life or had eaten properly and puts on 45lbs of what seems to be pure muscle in a 3 month period. Not impossible but very rare. But this is deceptive as an athletic person can use anabolic steroids for the first time and put on size just from the drugs alone. It is the muscle last that should get your attention. It is not difficult for a 160lb man to put on 20lbs of muscle in 3 months. But can be very difficult for a 220 lb man to do the same.
I'm sharing this video because I know the truth behind the scenes. If you have muscle memory, eat right, exercise properly, it is possible to put on enough size to look as if you are taking anabolic steroids. It is the fluctuation you must be aware of. Lee Haney stated that he does not advocate the use of steroids after retirement. I find this contradicting. I have heard ex-professional bodybuilders stating that anabolics are just hormones. They are nothing to play around with. Many men are on testosterone replacement now a days, however, most doctors are ignorant. Without using androgens, and the occasional use of diuretics. The new fad is Androgel. Which is supposedly bioidentical to the body's own production of testosterone. But those are being recalled as they damaged cellular structure. Synthetic testosterone such as cypianate are given primarily at 200 mg does bi-monthly. Another testosterone though illegal in most parts of the US is called Sustanon. Though Merc has bought out this drug meaning the rights from the primary distributor in hopes to make it legal in all 50 states. Both cypianate and sustanon holds 4esters.
Personally I feel that more education must be provided about these drugs. But more so to the doctors than the users. These medications have been around for more than a century. And they are still taboo? Another reason I am posting this is I am still often asked about how to use these n medications. I don't have the answer. They are still difficult go understand, and far too easy to use. Lastly, I have far too many family members on testosterone replacement. As I have not renewed my medical license as of yet, I can only provide them with instruction. The ups and downs of certain family members is absurd. And the doctors do not prescribe the other medications to provide the balance between the other hormones themselves. So if this post applies to you, educate yourself so you can educate your doctor. This is one of the two specialties that I received my degree in.
Please take care is yourself. And do as much much research as possible. And my last piece of advice, stay of from the forums. I give you two names. These doctors would be more than happy to clear things up with you. Dr Llewellyn and Doctor O'Connor. Furthermore most who have taken steroids for a long period of time will need testosterone replacement for the rest of their lives. So do not stop cold turkey, and if you can seek doctor supervision to wean down and get of from these drugs. Low testosterone is more dangerous than high testosterone. You can take testosterone and gave a level of over 3000, and for the most part be healthy. If your testosterone ever drops under 100, for most of the population, you'll be dead. Make sure to get your levels tested every three months. The normal testosterone range should be from 580-1150. Anything between these range points, there will be fluctuation to figure out when you feel the best. And that should take about a year. And if have used steroids, anywhere from 18-24 months.
If anyone would like specific details, feel free to ask. Take care.
The Greatest Stories Ever Told~ Every person has two great stories. One of tragedy, and one of great joy. We collect, care and share these stories.
The Sounds of Heaven
Tags
Alone
Angry
Answers
Anything
Basketball
book
charity
Christmas Cookies
Coming Soon
Creative Creations
Cry For Help
Documentary
Dreams
Eastern Egg
Elvis Everythings
Everything
Failure
Famous
Food For Thought
Friends
Friends of GSET
Goals
Greatest Stories Ever Told
GSET team
Happy
Heartfelt
Hurricane Katrina
In the Words of Anna Bella
In the words of Joshua
Inspiration
Joshua's Jams
Joshua's Joys
Joyful
Lonely
Love
Milky Ways
Murder
Musical Chex Mix
my love
Nostalgic Nibbles
novel
OWL
part 1
part two
Poor
Prayer Pie
quotes
Real life Angel
Rich
Sad
Sinful Snacks
Soulful
Southern Soup
Spirit Led
story
Success
Technical
The Story Of Joshua
Tidbit Of Tunes
Tragedy
Twitterants
Understanding
Vintage Vaughan
Your Andy FOREVER
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.