Monday, June 8, 2015

A Worthy Read

When I was younger I loved to read. For many reasons I had lost that along the way. I have always enjoyed a great story however. I suppose I had to find my niche, no different than movies that I like of what I wanted to read. Just like movie trailors, books can be quite deceiving.
As a youth, a premise was always laid out on the back page. My wife, on the other hand, loves to read. Since I have known my wife she has read around 5000 books. She simply loves it.
Yes, my health has been part of the reason. I have read several in the last few years. I love autobiographies. I'm not a fan of fiction. I love straight up factual books. And I love when people write books based upon research, theories that turn out to be facts, as I appreciate their investment and hard work. As they are sharing something that has come upon their heart and mind with the world. I find that amazing. To take something from nothing to where your voice can not be ignored. I have said this often, mainly on Twitter, my blog, and to people that surround me in my daily life about one particular book, that I believe you should all take the time to read. Not only is the book incredible, it made me want to research myself and strike up an interest that I have not had for many years. And how I appreciate it so much more, the effort that had gone into writing this book.
That book is Naming Jack The Ripper by Sir Russell Stephen Edwards Yes, I call him Sir Russell Edwards. I have read it now a dozen times. Yes, of course, because it is very well written and unbelievably interesting, but every time I read it, something registers as I try to do research on my own and find out that Russell is spot on where the word appreciation does not do justice to the time and hard work he must have put in to write this book; which is not only amazing, but inspirational. As whatever we do in this life, if we do it whole heartedly, we have an innate sense that we are right in what we are doing. Not idealistic. But righteously correct. Writing, music, acting, carpentry etc so I'm simply saying, when you feel this inside of yourself. Embrace that gift. For that is exactly what it is and share it with the world. If something is preventing you from doing this, I hope and pray that it passes. Because I and the world surely can not, and will not be better without each individual's gift.

~Joshua Jet Vaughan~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.