Monday, June 15, 2015

The Last Good Fight

Wipe away all the tears,
but you say that's all that you have.  
But it's gone on for so many years.
that you can't even remember how to laugh.

You hope that the time comes,
that your life is not just a half,
a half of belonging, of seeing,
where your flag is at half mast.

When the only thing you know,
is sorrow and pain.
Which all you ever did was grow,
amongst the degradation and shame.

As you look to the Lord,
with your love, with someone to blame
Your dignity still in store
but it can't stop the rain.

So you're held up and beat down
with no where to go.
With all the gifts bestowed upon you
yet, none of them you can show.

The fire inside of you
and an ounce of dignity intact
with all the faith that you have
you wonder who has your back.

Is it cliche to think
that the words of Truth are actually true?
Supposed to hold us together
yet there are so few.

That, understand what I'm saying,
or am I the only one?
that keeps on praying,
but the answer is none.

So you're held up and beat down
and all of your strength and grace
but on this planet created for man
there seems to be no place.

No peace, no home,
no tunnel of light
just a long wind-y road
and just blurriness of sight.

So I wind up asking
for this very last time
not what is owed or
what should be mine.

But rather what could I do
with my needs bestowed upon me
and my love for you
is all that people would see.

So lift me up
and pick me up off the ground
give me once, what I knew
along with the new man that I have found.

For the glory only goes so far
if there's no one to show.  
So please give me this
or just let me go.

So no more held up or beat down
for this is all I know
So for who you have created
please please let me show.

If peace and salvation
is not just at the end
how did I lose so much
that I cant call the father the father or even my friend

As I look at this world
and I am not proud
yet in sickness or health
I still praise your name loud

The many gifts that have been given
they were once before
you leave me with only one
and when will she be no more

So I say this to you
with all of my heart
give me back myself
and the world will see my heart.

I'll stand up and fight
and give the glory to thy name
for there's no honor in sickness
just my spirit in shame.

Like said before
the three men I admire most
the father, the son,
and the holy ghost

But the love I feel from those
I surely can not boast

So I'm still held up and beat down
with no where to go.
This confusion in my head
I hope, is not all that I will know.

so pick me up
and put your hand into mine
let me feel your grace and love
and leave all this behind.

I'm not the only one who deserves this
I'm sure others do too
but I can't think of any one else
who loves you more than I do.

by Joshua Jet Vaughan ~ For all those hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.