While very ill and going through chemotherapy it had been years since I had picked up the guitar. I was in the studio, warming up my fingers, I was weak, in intense pain, my brain was disconnected. And even though my heart was dulled, I find myself needing to record. While warming up, I was playing through one of my amps, which is a Peavey Windsor 100w Tube Head with a 4x12 speaker cab. Using only a tube screamer pedal. (This amp has no effects, including reverb, so I love to warm up with it because of the challenge it is to get the sound that I am looking for. The sound that I have found with other equipment. It's like playing basketball and using an old bicycle rim for the basketball hoop.) My preferred amp is a 60w in 38w out Peavey Delta Blues with 1 15" speaker using several pedals.
My wife had recorded me on her smartphone. I was using a 1970's reissue fat strat with a rosewood fretboard. My strings were 12, 16, 19, 28, 38, 56. Though my hands were cramping and usually the music flows through me without thinking, because of my health I was having trouble. Eventually, this landed me in the hospital. So to my former post that no man can play with the intensity or passion of my cousin Stevie for more than 30 seconds, a statement made by one particular musician, this is my response to him.
~Joshua Jet Vaughan~
The Greatest Stories Ever Told~ Every person has two great stories. One of tragedy, and one of great joy. We collect, care and share these stories.
The Sounds of Heaven
Tags
Alone
Angry
Answers
Anything
Basketball
book
charity
Christmas Cookies
Coming Soon
Creative Creations
Cry For Help
Documentary
Dreams
Eastern Egg
Elvis Everythings
Everything
Failure
Famous
Food For Thought
Friends
Friends of GSET
Goals
Greatest Stories Ever Told
GSET team
Happy
Heartfelt
Hurricane Katrina
In the Words of Anna Bella
In the words of Joshua
Inspiration
Joshua's Jams
Joshua's Joys
Joyful
Lonely
Love
Milky Ways
Murder
Musical Chex Mix
my love
Nostalgic Nibbles
novel
OWL
part 1
part two
Poor
Prayer Pie
quotes
Real life Angel
Rich
Sad
Sinful Snacks
Soulful
Southern Soup
Spirit Led
story
Success
Technical
The Story Of Joshua
Tidbit Of Tunes
Tragedy
Twitterants
Understanding
Vintage Vaughan
Your Andy FOREVER
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.