Three men I would like to talk about briefly. One is David Dorn. A minister for the Loft Church. I do not know David personally. Through Twitter, specifically Jamie Eason, and obviously God, we had fallen into each other's paths. We are Twitter friends. We do not tweet to each other often, but we have emailed each other. Very seldom do I reach out for another person's prayers. I've always believed that my faith is great enough. He had inquired about my story. I have not felt capable to speak of it in detail, especially while I am going through it. I'm sure many can understand this. Yet, from the small conversations that we have shared I have found a man of true faith, love and caring.
Another is Pastor Rick Stewart from New Hope Church. We had never met. Only my wife and him have talked. This is the first time in my entire life that something like this, which I am about to tell you, has ever happened.
Basically, he was supposed to stop over and was running late by a couple of hours. I was very bothered by this. He called and explained and apologized in detail, approaching it from my perspective, without knowing any of my thoughts, but addressing how he would have felt if it had happened to him. Discernment. I have done this since I was a little boy. It has always been second nature to me. For the longest time until that day, I was believing that I was the only one. Though in my heart, believing that could not be true. What a wonderful thing that is to be acknowledged, without having to speak a word of how you are feeling. My own family doesn't do this. Never has. This is not including my wife. And I have a very large family. We are of a mixed race.
On a funny note I have more family, immediate family than the population of the small town I grew up in, which at the time was about 800. Of course, as the town grows, so does my family. And I'm excluding anything past a second cousin.
Thirdly, a man that most people know, Lee Haney. Yes, the 8 time Mr. Olympia winner Lee Haney. He is a very lovely man. We talk often. The thing I love the most about him is that when I tweet complimenting about his supplement line he never favorites or retweets those as promotional tools. For instance, today, I tweeted him about his detox. Which is simply a supplement for detoxing the body. It is helpful to all, but those with an illness it can extremely benefit more so. His reply was not a retweet, it was simply a tweet, which he always calls me big Josh or Joshua. This is from Lee Haney. That's like Einstein calling me Smart Joshua. In all honesty my IQ is so high there's no classification for it. Maybe that's why I'm so much trouble though I never get caught except for by my wife. Back to Lee. His tweet was simply a message wishing me and my wife wonderful holidays with prayers and that our life will be filled with joy.
Just something I thought I would share.
~Joshua Jet Vaughan~
The Greatest Stories Ever Told~ Every person has two great stories. One of tragedy, and one of great joy. We collect, care and share these stories.
The Sounds of Heaven
Tags
Alone
Angry
Answers
Anything
Basketball
book
charity
Christmas Cookies
Coming Soon
Creative Creations
Cry For Help
Documentary
Dreams
Eastern Egg
Elvis Everythings
Everything
Failure
Famous
Food For Thought
Friends
Friends of GSET
Goals
Greatest Stories Ever Told
GSET team
Happy
Heartfelt
Hurricane Katrina
In the Words of Anna Bella
In the words of Joshua
Inspiration
Joshua's Jams
Joshua's Joys
Joyful
Lonely
Love
Milky Ways
Murder
Musical Chex Mix
my love
Nostalgic Nibbles
novel
OWL
part 1
part two
Poor
Prayer Pie
quotes
Real life Angel
Rich
Sad
Sinful Snacks
Soulful
Southern Soup
Spirit Led
story
Success
Technical
The Story Of Joshua
Tidbit Of Tunes
Tragedy
Twitterants
Understanding
Vintage Vaughan
Your Andy FOREVER
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.