Monday, October 5, 2015

Message directed to Pope Francis

To all the people who read my blog posts, I am writing this as if it is a letter directed specifically to Pope Francis. This will save me time as opposed to sending multiple tweets.

Dear Pope Francis,
    Usually I do not concern myself with mass politics or mass religion, I was born a Christian.  Had accepted Jesus Christ at the age of 8, I live my life in conviction and righteously. My entire adult life I have suffered extreme illness. Most of these years with no treatment or improper treatment. Having been given gifts unparalleled. As of late because of the lack of treatment and the struggles to get the surgeries I need, My mind and my body, through these illnesses have been corrupted. My spirit, however, lies intact. My flaw in the confusion of what is happening to me is that doubt has arisen.  Yet I have learned that without doubt there is no reason for faith. I am not a respecter of man and I have no respect for title but I do understand the world needing this. Social media can be a tool, it can be used righteously derived from God, or a tool to selfishly promote an individual's agenda without caring of those who are crying out; simply to be heard by another, especially those who hold a worldly title (for this is simply human nature)  which is not of God, it is of the world. And if you are of the world you can not be of God. I am not here to speak of your policy. I agree with much of it. But I do not know you personally and you know not of me in the same. My wife Anna Bella and I both did a joke with the pope. And one of my ideas for a joke was why does pope Francis not have a twitter page? And then I asked my wife to check and to my surprise and elation you do. Before I continue,  to understand how dire my health is, my wife is typing this as I do not have the dexterity or cognitive ability to do so. My mind is scattered. Yet, when I feel led to do something the Spirit speaks for me and through me; allowing me to articulate myself. My wife, who is much younger than I, types 100 wpm and still has trouble keeping up with my words. Back to your twitter page, Pope Francis, I noticed that you follow yourself  and only yourself. I noticed that you do not favorite or retweet; for I do not know you personally, I will not presume to know the reasons why or in this case why not.  Because you know your bible, the Word of God, when I speak of verses I will paraphrase. Peter says I have learned how to be all things to all man (people) I have prayed to the Lord, specifically to what this means. Since the bible is subject to interpretation, which I believe is for a reason, as I believe nothing happens out of God's will, I believe it is this way for the fact that people must seek out the truth through reading, prayer, self reflection and experience as we are all unique and individuals and the search for this truth gives us a common ground so that we may bathe in the peace of the righteous word.Unfortunately, this causes much chaos and judgment within ourselves and each other; which is why my message to you about your use of twitter and the fact that you are the pope; it is so important. Simply, your title and social media allows people and yourself to interact candidly.  So back to twitter and Peter; I have asked myself, based upon that one verse of Peter if he had a twitter page would he follow no man? I have prayed of  this, and the answer's no. My revelation is that to lead we must follow and to follow we must lead. And only in your striving for perfection will you realize that the only way to be perfect is to understand that you never will be. Social media such as twitter gives a person a voice. But the truth comes in the fact that it gives those without one, not only a voice but a more powerful one. Having a chance to communicate with people that carry the truth of the Lord within their heart and those who do not, but are consciously or subconsciously longing to fill the void in their heart that can only be filled through this truth; as we must embrace all personalities to be all things to all men.  To only extend your voice, in my humble opinion is self serving. And for those who follow without a follow back, well now a person is living in the old adage of preaching to the choir. If Peter had a twitter page would he follow and allow peoples thoughts/words, hence feed, envelope his page? Of course he would. Do you understand what it is to hear millions of voices and to use your voice to give them a more powerful voice by simply hitting the retweet button? And I use the term retweet for a reason. As many only favorite a tweet, I believe this to be so as it is a lack of conviction. It holds as being self evident of vanity and greed. As we think of ourself as doing someone a favor by acknowledging them. But I will tell you the truth of why people don't favorite and retweet, especially those who are of celebrity: there are many reasons for doing this, not wanting to have a conversation with another, again not wanting to acknowledge another to the masses, not wanting others to see that you are active on twitter at this time and of course the most relevant not wanting people to see that you enjoy a tweet that may be inappropriate because it may tarnish a person's image. This is deferring from the truth and it is detracting from our uniqueness and our God given individual personalities. To me this is an abomination. As this is slightly off track, I do want to state this before I go on, there is no specific definition of what an abomination is; but I have asked the Lord and I had received: an abomination encompasses all seven deadly sins and the breaking of all ten commandments. I am speaking of this now because it is a reflection of our ignorance.  Ignorance is stemmed from ignoring the truth.  It is believed amongst many that no sin is greater than another; yet, God states that the bearing of false witness is the greatest sin of all.  It is only when we ask for forgiveness of these sins that no sin is greater than another for God says that they are no more, paraphrasing, as if they never were.  So when we use or misuse social media are we using it for an advantage or to take advantage of ourselves, of others, of ignorance or of righteous indignation. Many believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one individual, yet, biblically it is said that the Holy Spirit has it's own intelligence and understanding.  The bible also states that no one knows, not even Christ, only the Father, when Christ will return. Obviously making them two separate entities.  Connected by the Spirit.  So we can fill social media with the Spirit, or with our self serving agenda. How does this and social media correlate with my words;  it correlates in the fact that you as the pope have a responsibility to follow those who support you by supporting them. By acknowledgement and recognition.  By listening to those who interpret incorrectly and have the wrong perspective. so that you, pope Francis, might help them have the correct one.  And honestly, you can not do so  by speaking only the words that come upon your heart; for as with every man and any man that lives within the Spirit, with title or not, these men are simply advocates for the Lord. And as the world lies in ruins and hopelessness, with the position you hold, you can give a man a voice.  A man with a calling. The opportunity to fulfill this calling as he may be a modern day Peter.  And if we only follow ourselves, even on twitter how do we know how to help others when we know nothing of them. And sadly, we will not even acknowledge their words.
So let's change this perspective to that of God. What if God had a twitter page? To me, this is comparable to prayers. God has a constant feed of prayers; some are righteous, many are selfish, many are corrupted, yet He listens just the same. To be honest, Pope Francis, I do not subscribe to religion, as my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ says beware of this. So  I am going to be very honest with you as I know no other way. I have a great understanding of human nature that is caused and derived from my suffering where I have had to lie in  bed for up to 16 hours a day praying, talking to God Himself because I was too ill to do anything but this, even with my strength and the strength of the Lord. An angel can only understand man if he understands suffering.  As an angel must be obedient to the Lord.  When we are in heaven, angels will be obedient to man, for the faith is greater of those who have not seen, but pope Francis, they do see you. Do you see them? Yes, I have spoken with the Lord and I have heard His voice in the same way as if we were speaking face to face.  Over three years  I had this. I am God's warrior and his last true warrior. No different than Joshua the successor to Moses himself. And I am not here to speak of my path as you would have to ask, I stated earlier that I take part in no title, it means nothing. A man's words and actions are only as good as the heart behind them.  Many people see you as an example for the church, I do not. You are an example for the Lord, and that is your platform. Your forum, Pope Francis, is unprecedented. Again, another adage with great power comes great responsibility. And with all due respect, I find your example on social media to be irresponsible. I have found your position on many different topics to be interesting. I have seen that you are representing yourself as the pope but also as just a man, no greater than I. And that my friend, is righteous. The strength , patience, and grace that I have to use as I still await life saving surgery and still await healing by the hand of God, is unprecedented as well.  Is not following others a fear? Is it a fear of what people may say about you? Is it a fear of what they may say in their tweets, hence their feed? for would people be more responsible with the words in their tweets because you are looking over them? Somehow we have become lost today in celebrity and title and wealth. Are you a title Pope Francis? Obviously, you know you are looked at as a celebrity.  When people go through their daily lives, many will not recognize the fact any longer that God is watching over them in all aspects. But that is man's doing is it not? I don't know what has become of this world, but I know it is necessary. If you are not pope, if you have been given such gifts and talents, as you knew God's  calling for you is to be pope, but your health,your life was struck down with illness and you had seen another man rise to be the pope of the catholic church, and was doing everything that you are doing, would he be setting the right example? So now I will speak of my righteous not opinion, but fact. You are on social media. And I believe the way you are doing it is wrong. Have you learned how to be all things to all men? Are you doing this? Are you willing to follow people on twitter who are indefinitely flawed? Are you willing to use twitter, with all of it's available options as a tool to serve God and others or just yourself? Are you willing to be a conduit to God and bring a voice to a lonely lost soul through social media? To hear a man speak profanity on his twitter page,  and to guide him in the public eye. When I look at your page I see tweets that are an example of yourself and for yourself which many people do, especially celebrities. self serving, self promoting when they already have a voice. Are you a celebrity? Are you just a man? Pope Francis my friend, you are just that, the pope. With being so ill, I often wonder when I see people if they are suffering inside in any way, physical , emotional, spiritual, as they put on their happy face, are empty of joy, of peace, but still have faith greater than anyone else.  On a personal note, I watched you speak in Washington. I liked what you had to say. But people are fickle,  childish and disrespectful. I was appalled at the constant applause.  This is an example that people look at you as  celebrity. If in the church, after everything you spoke of, every two minutes, your congregation applauded, that would be, to me, very disrespectful.  When I watched you I was not looking at a man speaking, i was listening to the Holy Spirit speaking through a man.Therefore they are not applauding, they are disrupting the word of God. But no matter, this is just a critique of semantics. I have thought much as to why the President of the United States was not there. Could be as simple as the fact that president Obama thought that attention would be drawn away from your speech. But that would be vanity. Again, I do not presume to know why,  but I believe I do. Now I will tell you something personally, specifically of me. Through my life, my sickness, the neglect from others , my confusion of it all becomes a clarity.  I look at most men as children. they're lost and unwilling to live in humility. Those who seek forgiveness will not forgive. Those who live in the profession to help those in need take it away. Those who take an oath to protect and serve only harm as all of these men hide behind a title, perhaps a better than.  I often state that in my health the world is easy. People do not live their life in balance. Men do not encompass this God given virtue. God has laid this out simply for us. There is no good without bad, no wrong without right, no up without down, no back without front, no left without right, no faith without doubt. And so much more.But we as men choose to not embrace this within ourself. So I ask you to look at it this way. Our life is here for many reasons.  One of those reasons is to build relationships and take care of each other. As we are our brother's keeper. Do you live in this? Do you live to be heard and not hear? To be seen, but not see? As you are pope and decided to become a part of social media you have taken on a responsibility to be an example of how to serve the Lord through a site such as twitter.  Jesus Christ took on a responsibility to die for our sins, however he died for so much more than that.  He spoke while being crucifided "Father why have you forsaken me"There is no better way to show the righteousness of doubt than by Jesus Christ speaking this himself and to let us know that it is alright, that it even may be necessary. I have brought up doubt several times, so I ask you, do you doubt the direction you are taking on twitter? Do you believe a man like me could show you the way? And will you allow others to be a part of your life and you a part of theirs through social media. Though, I will add this, I ask only one thing of you, do not doubt that I am more than just a man accompanied with neither are my words.  It is not a burden, it is a gift. and you have infinite resources to not self promote. And when promoting God, as this is a lackluster word, we must envelope all that is of man so that we may develop a relationship with our Lord. The fact is, Pope Francis, God needs us as much as we need him, and we need one another just the same. I have read many of your tweets. Faith based, gospel derived, but still your words. There are many who want to speak to you, many who are intimidated to, many who feel less than. And again with all due respect with how you are serving your twitter page, you are multiplying this feeling ten fold. Who I am is more than just a name that I am posting from. More than just the picture you see. More than just the words I speak. So when you read this, think of me just this way. Who am I?  Well the answer to that pope Francis is I am. I have raised many questions but have stated many thought provoking opinions. So I will give you one more before I leave, when we set out to accomplish something we must be wiling to do what we are asking others to do. Whether simple or complex. As I have lived with an incredible sense of humor I am curious on one thing..Why have you not done a joke? As this would be the simplest but greatest example of who you are. I would like to see Pope Francis, yes you, do a joke with the pope or rather yourself. On a personal  note: many have given their time not only for charity but to give you the joy of laughter, I would love for you, Pope Francis to do just the same as you have asked of us; to tell the world and myself a joke.  To give us that same joy.  And this will give you the opportunity to be an example; as the greatest example to others is to be an example of yourself.  And I give you a sparkle of wisdom; as we speak of many things that are blessings such as love and kindness, and we give many gifts, the greatest gift and blessing you can give another is your time for it is the one and only thing that you could never get back. And for this reason there is no misunderstanding the truth of its righteousness.  I want you to remember I am a friend. Laughter is divine. It is truly a gift from the Lord. And a man's sense of humor is the quickest path to understanding a man's character.  To laugh brings happiness. To give the gift of laughter brings joy.  As joy is a condition of the spirit everlasting and happiness is a momentary emotion brought on by circumstance that is ever fleeting.  We take ourselves far too seriously, we are too easily offended, If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime.  If you make a man laugh, he'll be happy for a day, if you teach a man to laugh you'll share God's joy for a lifetime.  And if you truly would like to know who I am, I will leave you with this.
















Sincerely your brother,
Joshua Jet Vaughan














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are needed, wanted and appreciated.